What is the SolidWorks Rendering Contest?
“The SolidWorks Rendering Contest is a monthly event that allows users of both PhotoWorks and PhotoView 360 to compete against each other to see who can produce the most realistic, or simply best-looking, rendering of a particular 3D model.
At the beginning of each month there will be a new model available for downloading. Participants will have around 25 days to complete a rendering of the model using either PhotoWorks or PhotoView 360. All rendered images must be submitted to the website owner by email by the contest deadline and will then be displayed for a period of five days, during which time contest participants and other site visitors may vote for their favourite image (please only vote once).
Once the votes have been counted and a winner has been found, their image will be posted until the following month’s contest has ended. All winning images will be displayed in the Winners’ Gallery.”
The PhotoWorks Contest is open to anyone who has access to SolidWorks and PhotoWorks or PhotoView 360 software. This includes, but is not limited to:
- SolidWorks and PhotoWorks/PhotoView 360 end users;
- SolidWorks Value Added Resellers (VARs);
- Employees of SolidWorks Corp;
- Students using SolidWorks Student Edition.
- Contests will run monthly. Each contestant must submit their entry by the “contest close” date posted for each contest (approximately 25 days).
- Each contestant is permitted to submit two entries per contest. The entries must use the same material and decal settings and must be different views (i.e. front view and back view).
- Contestants are free to add anything else to the scene (e.g. other 3D objects) as long as the model provided is the main focus of the rendering.
- Slight model modifications are permitted. In ordered to create more realistic renderings, contestants are permitted to make minor modifications such as fillet adjustments, split lines, etc. Please keep any model modifications to a minimum!
- Any combination of materials and PhotoWorks/PhotoView 360 settings may be used to achieve your rendering.
- Images for the contest should be submitted in JPEG format at a size of 1600×1200 pixels. This size ensures that a reasonable level of detail is captured, and it allows for me to create a good quality thumbnail of the image for voting.
- Please specify which software has been used to create the submitted image (i.e. PhotoWorks or PhotoView 360). All images should be submitted through email.
- All images will be posted for five days, in which time any visitor to the site will be able to vote for their favourite (please only vote once).
- No names will be posted with the submitted images to ensure voting is as fair as possible (e.g. Image 1,Image 2, etc).
- All winning images will be posted in the Winners’ Gallery and full credit will be given to the author for their work.